By Mark A. Moore
Prologue: Tuesday, April 12, 1966
- Some Genius or a Very Clever Criminal
- If Ricky Nelson Can Do It
- The Real Musician in the Bunch
- Kids Swarmed the Aisles and Screamed
- Good Things Happened Quickly
- Nevins-Kirshner Associates and Aldon Music
- More than Most People Can Do
- Screen Gems and a Righteous Trip to Surf City
- A Surf Scene with Music and Medicine
- One of the Finer Arrangers in the Business
- Big Fat Frothy Records
- Pop Symphony
- Easy Come, Easy Go
- Crazy Hours, On the Run
- The Death Instinct
- Dead Man’s Curve
- Some Very Ingenious Stuff
- There is Promise
- Impulse Disorder
- Life Can Have a Higher Meaning
- In a Carnival of Sound
- Hitch a Ride to Hollywood
- Music Is Power
- Sing Sang A Song
- Rock Drama
- Aloha, America
- On the Run Again with Papa and the Bandits
- WJB, Inc.
- Chapel of Love
- Second Wave
- Cleaning Up the Past
Epilogue: Friday, March 26, 2004
- Appendix A — Jan Berry’s Chart Singles and Chart Albums as an Artist, Songwriter, Arranger, and Record Producer, 1958-1966.
- Appendix B — Jan Berry’s Work as an Artist, Songwriter, Arranger, and Record Producer Outside of Jan & Arnie and Jan & Dean, 1958-1966.
- Appendix C — Jan Berry’s Music in Film, 1964-2020.
- Appendix D — Jan Berry Timeline, 1941-1966.
McFarland & Co.
7″ x 10″ paperback; 525 pp.; 195 photos, illustrations, and maps; 4 Appendices; Bibliography; Index
“Jennie Lee” . . . “Baby Talk” . . . “We Go Together” . . . “Heart and Soul” . . . “Linda” . . . “Surf City” . . . “Honolulu Lulu” . . . “Drag City” . . . “Dead Man’s Curve” . . . “The New Girl In School” . . . “The Little Old Lady (from Pasadena)” . . . “Ride the Wild Surf” . . . “Sidewalk Surfin’” . . . “You Really Know How To Hurt A Guy” . . . “I Found A Girl” . . . “Popsicle.”